[Samba] How to see loging of the user

Patrick DUBAU patrick.dubau at alsace.iufm.fr
Tue Jan 3 15:05:07 GMT 2006

Sebastian Held a écrit :

>Am Dienstag, 3. Januar 2006 14:08 schrieb Patrick DUBAU:
>

>>- only the 8 first characters from the loging name are stored (for
>>example : patrick. instead of patrick.dubau, see capture below). Is
>>there a vay to pass over this limit ?
>>

>see attached patch for the last-command. If you have a look into the wtmpx
>file, you will see that the full name is stored. This patch is a quick and
>dirty way to show the full username. Use sysvinit-2.86 as original source.

Ok it seems that i have still a lot things to learn about ;-).
1 : ok the full name is stored in  wtmpx.
2 :  i don't see  the patch file  (i thing you forgot  to join it)
3 : doing  dpkg -l | grep sysvi
gives  : ii  sysvinit       2.86.ds1-1     System-V like ini
that's good but how do i use it ? No man, no command.
Can you give me a help about it ?

>>- we have 2 severs (1 PDC and 1 BDC) so only one of them will log the
>>login and logout, and not only the same, in fact the first which
>>responds Right ?
>>

>I don't have any expertise in BDCs ... I've only a PDC running. Hey it's a
>linux machine; why do you need two of them :)

it's only because we need to enable authentification on network even if
the PDC get's down. But this point is not important

Thanks