[Samba] Need Advice

Travis Bullock tbullock at avmaxgrp.com
Mon Feb 27 20:53:23 GMT 2006

Greetings,

We are going to be expanding our operations to another city. I currently use
Samba and Winbind to provide shares and file access to my existing locations
users. The account information is kept on a NT4.0 PDC and BDC.

I have connected the new location via OpenVPN. I am wondering how I should
go about expanding my domain. Should I set up another NT4.0 BDC in the new
office and have a local Samba machine get account info from that via
Winbind? Or should I set up the Samba machine as a BDC itself? Is it
possible for a Samba BDC to receive account updates from a NT4.0 PDC?

Cheers,

Travis