[Samba] My Network Places not finding Samba server

Eric Hines eehines at comcast.net
Thu Feb 23 00:45:40 GMT 2006

You might try adding it to your XP's hosts file,
also.  This is located in the same place as your
lmhosts file; it has slightly different
uses.  Also, you might ensure that this other
NetBIOS name and IP address are listed in your
Linux box's hosts file.  A lot of things in your
network get gutsed up when your Linux box comes
up, and it gets its initial data from, among other places, its hosts file.

Eric Hines