[Samba] Group Migration from tbd to ldap on same machine

Hans Rasmussen hans at sbsfor.com
Wed Feb 22 19:38:10 GMT 2006

Hi All.

I am changing my server over from tdbsam to ldapsam (same machine).  I have
successfully migrated my users and computers using the idealx tools and
pdbedit.  I can't seem to find a way to tranfer my custom NT groups into
ldap.  The idealx tools created "Domain Admins", "Domain Users", etc.  I
have created other domain groups, "Drafting", "Admin", etc and would like to
transfer these.  Also, the local groups did not seem to be created "Power
Users" "Users".   pdbedit -g copied my /etc/group over.  Anything that I am
missing, or will I have to use the idealx tools to recreate my custom domain
groups.

Thanks

Hans Rasmussen
CIS/GIS Coordinator