[Samba] Samba 3 + Exchange 5.5

Bruno Guerreiro bruno.guerreiro at ine.pt
Mon Feb 20 10:00:59 GMT 2006

Hi there.
We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on top of Win2k/NT4 in a samba 3.0.14a+LDAP
domain. We had problems with a previous version of samba when installing
Exchange's SP4 , but it has been fixed.
Right now, we're running 7 Exchange servers over a wan, and everything is
smooth as ice.

Advice:
Unless your migrating all domain accounts, mantaining SID's and so on, ackup
your mail accounts, and reinstall the server.
In fact even if maintining all accounts I would advice reinstalling the
server, as MS Exchange doesn't really like big changes at domain level.

Best Regards,
Bruno Guerreiro