[Samba] Error "The remote procedure call was cancelled"

mallapadi niranjan niranjan.ashok at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 10:09:32 GMT 2006

Hi jerry

The OS version is
Linux 2.6.9-5.ELsmp #1  i686 i686 i386 G NU/Linux
Samba version 3.0.21 Release Dec 20 . 2005.
can you please mention , how to do stack trace. so that i can provide more
information ..

and the error below comes only when the user is more no. of groups ie
i have Samba PDC with 3.0.21 Release 20. 2005 with openldap version 2.2.13and
i have another linux machine with samba 3.0.21 Relese 20 2005 which is
domain member
server , the user home directories reside in Domain Member server .
I have created users and groups using smbldap-useradd and smbldap-groupadd
on PDC.
there are about 600 groups,
and there are some user who are members of about 50 groups.

When they login to the server from a windows client
they get "Remote procedure call was cancelled" .

On the pdc where all logs are located , The netbios name of the domian
member server is prjsrv01.
when we look in prjsrv01.log
the following is the error.
glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x09b0e3c8
glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption (fast): 0x094d2fc0

so my query is
if the user is in more no. of groups (Say 50) does the logon slowdown. if so
why.

and when we are redirecting user's home directory to another server is there
any problem ?

Regards
niranjan