[Samba] How to Make SMB server authenticate against multiple AD server

Parker, Michael Michael.Parker at AcuityBrands.com
Wed Feb 15 14:35:16 GMT 2006

I'm new to samba and I'm still trying to figure out the workings.  I
currently have a few servers setup to authenticate with AD (2003 domain)
with winbind.  Right now, I have a line in my smb.conf file that states
password server = alg-conyers-ad1.  I assume this tells it to
authenticate against this server only.  How do I make it choose a server
from DNS or at the least tell it to use other AD servers if this one is
offline?  My fear is that we'll rely on these servers more, AD1 will
fail, and then I'll have to scramble to point my smb servers to use
other AD servers.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Michael