[Samba] Accessing Samba home directories across 2 different NT/AD domains

Matthew Thompson matthew.thompson at lrfairplay.com
Mon Feb 13 10:22:23 GMT 2006

We've begun a network migration project to migrate from an old and pretty
broken NT 4.0 domain (Lots of settings are just wrong and we wanted to
rename the domain at the same time) to a Windows 2003 based AD domain.

One of the issues we need to resolve is that all our users' My Documents are
mapped to their home share on a Samba server

I've been pondering how I can easily get both domain looking at exactly the
same files - can anyone suggest any way other than running two different
Samba instances on the same box?

And if not is there a definitive guide to how to run Samba twice?

Matthew Thompson
Software Developer
--
Lloyd's Register - Fairplay Ltd, 3 Princess Way, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 1UP,
UK
matthew.thompson at lrfairplay.com
Web: http://www.lrfairplay.com  Registered in England No. 338580

The information contained in this email and any files attached to it are strictly confidential, may be legally privileged and are intended solely for the addressee. Liability cannot be accepted for statements made which are the sender's own and not made on behalf of Lloyd's Register-Fairplay Limited. If you are not the named addressee, you may not use, copy or disclose this information to any other person or take any action in reliance of this transmission. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender or postmaster at lrfairplay.com immediately and delete the message from your system.

Although this message has been subjected to virus checks utilising software developed by Sophos, Clearswift and Network Associates, no guarantee is given that it is totally virus free.

http://www.lrfairplay.com/      postmaster at lrfairplay.com