[Samba] Samba quota's

Tim Potter tpot at samba.org
Fri Feb 10 05:44:33 GMT 2006

On Thu, 2006-02-09 at 11:59 +0100, Peter Fortuin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a server and I enabled quota's on the filesystem. This works
> fine. But Samba doesn't see that quota. I have read that you need to compile
> samba with quota support. My problem is that I have a running Samba (from
> SuSe 10) and I don't know if there is quota support build in. Is there some
> way to see if quota support has been compiled in?

You can check which options Samba has been built with by using the -b
option to smbd and look for the WITH_XXX options.  For example from the
Debian packaging of Samba 3.0.20b:

$ /usr/sbin/smbd -b
[some stuff deleted]
 --with Options:
   WITH_ADS
   WITH_AUTOMOUNT
   WITH_PAM
   WITH_QUOTAS
   WITH_SENDFILE
   WITH_SMBMOUNT
   WITH_SYSLOG
   WITH_UTMP
   WITH_WINBIND

So this smbd has been built with ADS support, automount, pam, quotas,
etc.

Tim.