[Samba] Browse List propagation under Samba

Adam Nielsen adam.nielsen at uq.edu.au
Wed Feb 1 03:55:43 GMT 2006

> What concerns me is the NetBIOS reply (NetServerGetInfo response) to
> server queries by the domain controller (is also the WINS server -
> all on Samba).
> But my config has:
> local master = yes
> preferred master = yes
> domain master = yes
> domain logons = yes

What happens if you put the "os level" option back to 33? (or 65.)  ‎I
know it's a long shot, but just in case setting it to 255 is too high...

> There is clearly a mismatch between measured responses and the
> configuration in smb.conf. Is this a version issue. Would be pleased
> to receive any suggestions.

I'm sorry I can't help further with this - you might want to post a new
topic as it looks like Samba isn't becoming the browse master when
it should, as opposed to being a browse list issue.

Cheers,
Adam.