[Samba] Locking problem

Claudia Neumann dr.claudia.neumann at gmx.de
Thu Dec 21 11:26:23 GMT 2006

Hi all!

I am using Debian Sarge with Samba version 3.0.14a-Debian and experience a
locking problem:
the program is a linux port of a Clipper program compiled with xHarbour
(www.xharbour.org). It uses byte-range-locking to lock a record of a dbf
database. If I mount the server directory over an smbmount and start 2
clients on the server accessing the server directory over the smbmount, the
locking functions as it should. But if I access the server directory over the
real network with an smbmount from linux clients there is no locking.

My smb.conf:
---------------------------------
[global]
   workgroup = PRAXIS
   hosts allow = 192.168.1. 127.
   log level      = 5
   max log size = 50
   encrypt passwords = true
   smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
   security       = users
   share modes    = yes
   dns proxy      = no
   kernel oplocks = no
   default case   = lower
   case sensitive = no
   preserve case  = no
   fstype = vfat

[homes]
   comment     = Home-Verzeichnis
   locking    = yes
   strict locking = yes
   blocking locks = yes
   veto oplock files = /*.dbf/*.DBF/*.cdx/*.CDX/*.fpt/*.FPT
   oplocks        = no
   level2oplocks  = no
   fake oplocks = no
   browseable  = no
   read only   = no
   create mode = 0750
   hide unreadable = yes

I tried several different oplocks configurations, but nothing works.

Can you help me?

Claudia