[Samba] Problem with often password prompt box (security=user)

Michael Coburn mcoburn at jupiterimages.com
Wed Dec 20 15:20:58 GMT 2006

Try setting:
debug level = 3
in your smb.conf file, and tail the logs smbd and (if you have it
configured) the specific log file for the desktop that is
re-authenticating numerous times.  Perhaps you can correlate these logs
against anything logged on the Windows side in Event Viewer.

While I'm not offering any specific quick fixes, I hope this helps you
diagnose the problem,
--
Michael Coburn
Enterprise Systems Administrator