[Samba] SLES 10 LDAP NSSWITCH

cooper cooper.list at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 22:37:38 GMT 2006

I am trying to run samba as a PDC on SLES10 with ldap backend for samba
accounts and local users vi nss_ldap.  I can get everything working.

ldap backend is populated with smbldap-tools
samba talks to ldap (pdbedit -L confirms)
nss_ldap (getent passwd|group report correctly)

but if i attempt to restart ldap it will not bind to ports to listen.  If i
remove ldap settings from /etc/nsswitch.conf ldap will happily start as
before.  As you can see this is a problem.  No nss means local accts cant be
in ldap.  Anyone have this problem too?

Thanks

cooper.