[Samba] Samba no longer connect to XP Pro

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Wed Dec 13 04:22:42 GMT 2006

Am using Kubuntu 6.06 to connect to a Windows XP Professional machine,
both behind a natted router.  The XP machine was installed from a new
service pack 2 cdrom.

I try to connect from kinda to winpro with a script run as root with the
line:
smbmount //winpro/c  /mnt/winpro  -o guest,uid=lba,gid=users

This used to connect reliably but something happened :-(

I also have a public share on the Kubuntu machine.
Other Windows machine can access that share with something like
dir \\kinda\public
but the winpro XP pro cannot.

There doesn't seem to be much of interest in /var/log and
/var/log/samba.  Does Windows XP have logs?
Security is share.

Any ideas what's going on?

I've searched the net and back messages from this group for several
hours but am mystified.

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX