[Samba] Samba file security

Matt Skerritt matt.skerritt at agrav.net
Wed Dec 6 14:28:14 GMT 2006

On 07/12/2006, at 12:42 AM, Naveen C Joshi wrote:

> I have created the "read list" and "write list", but I want that
> "write list" members also can not delete the files once they upload
> it on samba server. While the "read list" members can only read the
> files but can not upload files on the samba server.

Hmmm ... do you want to them to be able to be able to change the
contents of the files, but not delete them? If so then I think it's
impossible for a filesystem that uses the posix rwx file permission
bits. It may be possible if you're using solaris with zfs, I'm not
sure - I'll check on my server later but your initial email said you
were using Redhat so I guess it doesn't matter. If you want the users
to only be able to add new files (but never change or delete old
files) then just set the file create mask to make sure that newly
created files don't get write permissions, like Cleber P. de Souza
suggested in the other email.

--
Matt Skerritt
matt.skerritt at agrav.net