[Samba] drop off domain?

Chuck Kollars ckollars9 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 04:59:57 GMT 2006

I recently upgraded a very old system to Samba 3 with
an LDAP back end. Almost everything is hunky-dory.

However I'm experiencing a weird problem with the
Windows XP machines that are domain members. When I
join those machines to my upgraded domain everything
seems fine. But when I go back and try them again a
day later, sometimes I find they've "lost" their
domain membership.

(I've assumed there's some interference from some
other operation going on at the same time in another
part of the building, but I can't figure out exactly
what. Theat means a] I don't know how to avoid the
problem and b]I have no confidence it won't happen
AGAIN another day later.)

Has anybody else experienced anything similar?