[Samba] Non-root accounts cannot join the Samba PDC:s domain

BJörn Lindqvist bjourne at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 01:00:15 GMT 2006

> If your Samba version is pretty recent (privilege support was started
> in 3.0.11 and has been improved since then) you can assign the
> SeMachineAccountPrivilege to arbitrary accounts.
> You can set this either from Windows in User Manager
> (Menu Policies->User Rights)
> or from the comman line on your samba server:
>    net rpc rights grant some_account_name SeMachineAccountPrivilege

Thank you, it works! With some caveats. I had to turn permissions on
in samba.conf, then the net rpc rights grant syntax seem to be
"unstable." This doesn't work:

net rpc rights grant username SeMachineAccountPrivilege

Instead of username you are supposed to use some DOMAIN/username
syntax I haven't figured out. Howerver, I was able to allow everyone
to join the domain with:

net rpc rights grant Everybody SeMachineAccountPrivilege

--
mvh Björn