[Samba] net groupmap list show no results

Pyuesh Daya pyueshd at b2e.co.za
Wed Aug 16 15:50:41 GMT 2006

Hi Guys

I am running FreeBSD 5.4, with version Samba-3-0-23b, and when i run
'net groupmap list', the output is blank.  Seems like it's not matching
or looking at the local groups that are created by default on the system.

i have deleted the group_mapping.tdb in the /var/db/samba directory
which gets recreated either when samba is reloaded or when the 'net
groupmap list' command is run.

I have the domain controller version of samba running at another client
with samba version samba-3.0.14a and the same config.

Can anybody assist me with this problem. Below is my config:

[global]

   workgroup = SACCAWU
   server string = Saccawu Directory Server
   security = user
   load printers = yes
   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
   max log size = 50
        passdb backend = tdbsam
   unix password sync = Yes
   passwd program = /usr/local/sbin/passwdwrap.sh %u
   passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *Changed*
   passwd chat debug = Yes
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   local master = yes
   os level = 255
   domain master = yes
   preferred master = yes
   domain logons = yes
   dns proxy = no
add user script = /usr/sbin/pw useradd %u -g users
add group script = /usr/sbin/pw groupadd %g
add machine script = /usr/sbin/pw adduser %u -g machines -c Machine -d
/dev/null -s /dev/null
delete user script = /usr/sbin/pw userdel %u
delete group script = /usr/sbin/pw groupdel %g
username map = /usr/local/etc/smbusers
logon script = logon.bat
logon path =
logon drive = H: