[Samba] disabling roaming profiles for some networks only

Logan Shaw lshaw at emitinc.com
Mon Aug 7 22:23:32 GMT 2006

Hey everyone.

We have two offices accessing the same Samba server, which is
a PDC and file server.  The server is located in one of the
offices, but the other office is only connected by a relatively
slow link (1.5 megabit/s).

I'm looking for a way to turn off roaming profiles only
for those users which are at the remote site.  (It's a tad
inconvenient when it takes an hour or two to login due to a
1 GB roaming profile!)  I could turn roaming profiles off for
everyone, but we do have some users here at the same site as
the server who don't have their own computers and could take
advantage of roaming profiles.

Obviously, I can do this by running the Group Policy editor on
every machine at the remote site, but I'd really like something
where this can be controlled by the server.  I know I can leave
"logon path" and "logon home" undefined and that will turn off
roaming profiles for everyone, but I only want to turn it off
for users on a certain network.

So, is there any way to do that?

   - Logan