[Samba] Samba 3 with ADS problem

Fabio Bucciarelli fbucciarelli at regione.emilia-romagna.it
Thu Apr 27 07:34:28 GMT 2006

Hi Jasmine.

You have to copy the nss library in the /usr/lib directory:

root# cp ../samba/source/nsswitch/libnss_winbind.so /usr/lib

and, in case of Solaris:

root# ln -s /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so.1
root# ln -s /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so /usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.1
root# ln -s /usr/lib/libnss_winbind.so /usr/lib/nss_winbind.so.2

Then, you have to edit the /etc/nsswitch.conf file:

passwd:     files winbind
shadow:     files
group:      files winbind

If you have the nscd (the name service caching) daemon running, shutdown it and then you can try again:

root# getent passwd

You can find documentation in http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/winbind.html

About the krb5.conf file, I suggest to try with dns_lookup_kdc =false (it is possible your DNS server is not configured to resolve the kdc for your realm), but if you joined to the domain the kerberos configuration should be ok.
What if you try:

./net ads testjoin  ?

Fabio