[Samba] How to set mysql backend for samba; Urgent pls

Collen Blijenberg collen at mail.hermanjordan.nl
Thu Apr 20 07:01:18 GMT 2006

Well hello,

samba prior to version 3 doesn't support the pdb_mysql backend.
perhaps there is a way around, but i don't think so.

dunno what's your idea of samba & mysql, coz in your list you mention
pam-mysql ??
my guesses are that pam-mysql is for the support of storing posix users
in a mysql database, not samba users.!

if you need mysql to store samba users, convert to samba 3, and wait for
the next release.
(coz from 3.0.14 - 3.0.22 the mysql backend is broke.)
at the moment there is a project at sourceforge trying to make the mysql
backend work again. ( https://sourceforge.net/projects/pdbsql )
but it won't be able to run until 3.0.23 (i guess)

Cheers & Have Fun

Collen Blijenberg.
<MLHJ>