[Samba] Domains and Windows Update

Ben Walton bwalton at artsci.utoronto.ca
Wed Apr 19 13:00:21 GMT 2006

Mike Petersen has created some updated policy templates to work with XP.
These happen to include settings to force auto update and allow you to
use an SUS/WUS server if you've got one.  There are some other nice
settings in there too.  Use that template (optionally in combination
with the winnt.adm and common.adm as shipped with the policy editor for
w2k) to create an NTConfig.pol file.  Drop that in your netlogon share
and away you go.

http://www.pcc-services.com/projects.html

It's working well for me here.

Hope that helps.