[Samba] samba and sun one ldap

lenny at edpausa.com lenny at edpausa.com
Mon Apr 10 13:06:31 GMT 2006

any advise on integrating Sun One LDAP 5.2 with samba ?

I successfully imported the schema, created the domain object with rid in
LDAP, but I'm stuck trying to map the groups, whether mapping to the local
group 'admins' or ldap group "Domain Admins".

net groupmap add rid=512 ntgroup='Domain Admins'  unixgroup='admins'
[2006/04/05 11:04:41, 0] lib/smbldap_util.c:(258)

  Adding domain info for BRUTUS failed with NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
adding entry for group Domain Admins failed!

getent group admins
admins::2513:

net groupmap add rid=512 ntgroup='Domain Admins'  unixgroup='Domain Admins'
[2006/04/05 11:13:46, 0] lib/smbldap_util.c:(258)
  Adding domain info for BRUTUS failed with NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL
adding entry for group Domain Admins failed!

getent group "Domain Admins"
Domain Admins::2512:

I don't see any debug flags for net command similar to what smbpasswd
provides, so any help and further advise on Sun LDAP/Samba would be
appreciated. Thank you.