[Samba] Re: DOS/Windows Archive bits, and file ownership

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Sun Apr 9 12:18:11 GMT 2006

Hi Greg,

If you want the DOS type attribute bits to be accurate, then your best bet is to have an EA supporting file system on the server (Such as XFS) and tell Samba to store the attributes in EA's vs trying
to map them to Linux attributes.

Per Mr. Allison's suggestion, I have added this to our global section recently...

;New things global to all shares for ACL support...
    map hidden = no
    map system = no
    map archive = no
    store dos attributes = yes

So that might play a part in what you are trying to do. If other details come to mind, I will post again.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems