[Samba]

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sat Apr 8 17:03:35 GMT 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-08 at 17:57 +0100, Steve A wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > OK - from your original dump of smb.conf, I don't see any shares other
> > than netlogon...do you have others? Do they show in command...
>
> Yes, I didn't think they were applicable, but here's the shares:
>
> ==========
> [netlogon]
>         path = /export/netlogon
>         browseable = No
> [profiles]
>         comment = User profiles
>         path = /export/profiles
>         read only = No
>         create mask = 0600
>         directory mask = 0700
>         browseable = No
> [homes]
>         comment = Home Directory for %u
>         path = /home/%u
>         read only = No
>         browseable = No
> ==========
>

> > smbclient -L samba -U sa
>
> ==========
> [root at fedora ~]# smbclient -L samba -U sa
> Password:
> Domain=[SAMBA-DOMAIN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.22-1.fc5]
>
>         Sharename       Type      Comment
>         ---------       ----      -------
>         ADMIN$          IPC       IPC Service (KJN Server)
>         IPC$            IPC       IPC Service (KJN Server)
>         sa              Disk      Home Directory for sa
> Domain=[SAMBA-DOMAIN] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 3.0.22-1.fc5]
>
>         Server               Comment
>         ---------            -------
>         SAMBA                KJN Server
>
>         Workgroup            Master
>         ---------            -------
>         GEORGE               GEORGINA
>         SAMBA-DOMAIN         SAMBA
>         WORKGROUP            DANGERMOUSE
> ==========
>

> > does output of 'testparm -s -v' give you any errors?
>
> None at all.  I did my changes using swat anyway.  Is there a particular
> logging setup with Samba that I can change to to give the necessary verbose
> messages?
----
OK netlogon, homes and profiles are all special shares. They really only
mean something to users who log on to the domain via Windows computers
that have been 'joined' to the domain.

Have you 'joined' any computers to the domain yet? I would suspect not
since in the list above created by smbclient -L Samba -U sa, I see 3
different computers with 3 different 'workgroups'

I would suggest that you read through the documentation at
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs (the Official HowTo and By Example)

Craig