[Samba] newb: no write access

Felix Flory felix_flory at yahoo.de
Mon Sep 26 21:11:24 GMT 2005

On Fedora Core 4 I keep running into the following problem:
I followed the Instructions on the Official Samba-3 HOWTO and the
example 2.1 for the anonymous Read-Only Server Configuration works fine.
I get stuck with example 2.2. I used smbpasswd but I just don't get
write access to the samba share. I have to provide the username and
password in order to get read access to the samba share. And of course
on the linux system the user has read/write access to the samba share
folder.

This seems odd and I am wondering if other people ran into the same
problem.

Felix