[Samba] net groupmap question

Jean-Francois Leblond jfleblond at videotron.ca
Wed Sep 7 01:57:18 GMT 2005

Hi,

I currently have setup Samba 3.0.10-1.4E on a Centos 4 (RH4 clone) Linux
Server.

I have setup Samba as a PDC.

I have PC clients with Win98, 2000 and XP.

I have setup my groupmaps according to the following how-to:
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/small.html

I would like to know what is the "net groupmap" command that can make my
Domain users to be Local admin of their PCs. I know we can do it locally on
the PC but I would like to avoid entering that info manually at each
stations.

Do I need to use roaming profiles ? Or it's not necessary or it doesn't have
anything to do with my problem.

Thanks

JF Leblond
jfleblond _AT_ videotron.ca