[Samba] Group membership limitation

Bruno Guerreiro bruno.guerreiro at ine.pt
Fri Oct 28 14:44:02 GMT 2005

Hi all.
I've made this question over and over, but still no answer till now.
So here goes again, maybe I have better luck this time.
Is there any limitation to the number of groups a samba user may belong?
I've found out that if the user belongs to more than 60 to 70 groups,
group-based share access stop working.
>From another post in this ml, i've found out that kernel 2.4.xx had a 32
group membership limitation, but i'm using 2.6.xx which has a 65536 groups
limit.
Is there any place in samba where I shoulb be looking?
Any info/pointers would be much appreciated.

Fedora Core 2 with:
Samba-3.0.14a
Ldap backend with openldap-2.2.13-2

Best regards,