[Samba] Re: Windows XP client changes not being saved via Samba

Dustin Ash dustin.ash at mexpro.com
Wed Oct 12 17:32:43 GMT 2005

Oh wow, looks like I some how managed to send this without the
question.  Sorry.

I'm new to samba and have been reading the samba.org page all morning.
My problem is we are running a network with samba for roaming profiles
for our Windows XP clients.  When the clients log out, the changes they
make to there machines aren't being saved.  For example, one employee
logged out and when he logged back in his desktop was flooded with all
the files he had deleted or moved in the past month.  I'm not too
familiar with Samba and the person who set it up is not here for the
week.  I'd really like to fix the problem, but I don't want to make it
worse.  Here is a copy of the Samba config file.  It's not the same as
a lot of examples I see, and I'm not really sure why.  Can anyone shed