[Samba] SAMBA machine not in Browse list

Travis Bullock tbullock at avmax.ca
Wed Oct 12 16:48:34 GMT 2005

Hello everyone.

I have several Samba machines on my network and they work great. I have
recently set up another called Ingenium and put that name as the netbios
alias, however it is not appearing in my network browse list.  All my other
smb servers appeared in the browse list no problem.

The machine successfully registers with WINS (another samba server) and also
in WINS is the entry for the DOMAIN Master Browser..so you would think this
would work..but it is not.

Any ideas on why this machine may not be appearing in the Browse list along
with the other SAMBA machines?

Cheers,

Travis