[Samba] Editing file changes its owner (Samba 3.0.7).

Przemyslaw Tokarski przemek at zpk.u.lodz.pl
Wed Oct 12 13:31:25 GMT 2005

Hello !!

 When a user edits a file belonging to another user and then saves the
file he becomes the owner of that file. Both users belong to the same
group and the file can be read or written to by the group members.
Server: Red hat 9, kernel 2.4.20-31.9, Samba 3.0.7, unix extensions
enabled
Client: Red hat 9, kernel 2.4.20-31.9, shares mounted via smbfs or cifs
(the same behaviour).

Is that all normal or did I do something wrong ?

I'll appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Best regards,
Przemyslaw Tokarski
Lodz, Poland