[Samba] Samba 3.0.20a "Winbind Dead but subsys locked"

PC pchesnut at cox.net
Tue Oct 11 13:59:18 GMT 2005

Hello,

Last week I downloaded and installed the 3.0.20a-23 release on Redhat ES 4
x86_64bit and noticed that I am getting the "Winbind Dead but subsys locked"
status on winbind service.  The service seems to start corectly but
immediately get "Winbind Dead but subsys locked" status message.

I had been running version 3.0.20-22 64 bit version which was also downloaded
from sambaenterprise.org (ftp://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/rhel/rhel4-x86_64/).

I just noticed that this site has a 20a-24 release, I'll install it to see if
it corrects the issue.

Any other ideas?

PC