[Samba] Samba creating multiple isntances of the deamon

Benoit Gauthier gauthier at circum.com
Mon Oct 10 18:30:15 GMT 2005

(2005.10.10, 14:25)

I am running Samba 3.0.14a-2 on Fedora 4. I have no problem seeing the
Linux file system from any of the Windows (2000, SP4) computers
attached to the network.

The problem is that smbd processes are created for no apparent reason
and never die. I noticed this when the computer had been up for about
three days and there were some 600 active smbd processes!

What could be the cause of this behaviour? More importantly, what is
the solution? Clearly, this is not normal behaviour!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Benoît

Benoît Gauthier, mailto:gauthier at circum.com
Réseau Circum inc. / Circum Network Inc.

Nouvelles/News http://circum.com

74, rue du Val-Perché, Gatineau, Québec (Canada) J8Z 2A6
+1 819.770.2423  télec. fax: +1 819.770.5196

http://c2005.evaluationcanada.ca/
http://evaluationcanada.ca/
http://simulation.evaluationcanada.ca/