[Samba] cannot change computer name

Louis van Belle louis at van-belle.nl
Mon Oct 10 11:57:22 GMT 2005

Try the folowing, remove the pc from the domain.
logon localy with administrator and try again.

Does not work ? do the folowing.
Start - Run, type GPEDIT.MSC (enter)
In the screen you see, klik with right on local computer on the top
en get the properties.

Here disable both settings for policies.

type Start-run : GPUPDATE  ( enter )
and try again.

!!! DO NOT RENAME COMPUTERS WHEN IN DOMAIN !!!!
!!! IT ALWAYS GIVES PROBLEMS !!!

Louis