[Samba] Samba.. not worth a f*** for printing

Leon Brooks leon-samba at cyberknights.com.au
Mon Oct 10 03:17:10 GMT 2005

On Monday 10 October 2005 10:26, John T Benedetto wrote:
> That's funny... we have almost three dozen printers
> running fine across five different subnets on our campus
> with what the team would probably consider the ancient
> Samba 2.2.7.

The print-to-PDF facility added by CUPS is also popular with my
customers. One was happy enough with it to put off buying 28 copies of
Adobe Distiller. Choice of AUD$580+GST per head (== $16,240), or
AUD$7379 for a 100-user licence. Perhaps I should talk them into
donating 10% of that value to Samba?

Cheers; Leon

http://linux.org.au/            Member, Linux Australia