[Samba] Trying to add machine accounts on the fly,

Marcos S. Trazzini mstrazzini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 08:20:47 GMT 2005

On Wed, Oct 05, 2005 at 06:34:17PM -0700, DSanchez wrote:
> [...]
>
> The following error occured attempting to join the domain "etnet"
> the user name could not be found
> [...]

Well,

I see in your config that you have not setup your server as a local master browser
(by defining the "local master" parameter to "Yes". If Isn't a local master browser
on the subnet, the hosts probably can't resolve netbios names correctly.

I another side... one host on the network maybe had turned the local master
browser. Try the "net lookup master" to discover the IP's of the master
browser(s).

--
Marcos S. Trazzini