[Samba] winbind group mapping

Xim Tur i Massanet ximotur at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 19:20:00 GMT 2005

Hi!

I'm on a organization with 2 different 2003 domain (DOMAIN_A and
DOMAIN_B) with a trust relationship.
I'm using samba version 3.0.14a that comes with Ubuntu Breezy to map
Active Directory group and users.

I use local groups of DOMAIN_A but some users of these groups are from
DOMAIN_B:

$ getent group "DOMAIN_A\group1"
DOMAIN_A\group:x:10787:DOMAIN_A\user1

$ net rpc group members "group1" -S domain_controler_A.domain_a.com
DOMAIN_A\user1
DOMAIN_B\user2
DOMAIN_B\user3
DOMAIN_B\user4

Also tested changing "security" param in the smb.conf:
ads: winbind behaves as exposed
domain: winbind doesn't know nothing about local domain groups.

I really want to solve this problem because is preventing me to use
samba to setup a printserver. Please ask for anything that can help to
trace the problem.

Greetings
Ximo