[Samba] Unable to join domain - Samba > 3.0.14a on Solaris

Robert M. Martel bob at urban.csuohio.edu
Tue Nov 22 19:25:21 GMT 2005

Greetings,

We've been having an issue here with our Solaris servers running Samba.
  On our Primary Domain Controller we have been unable to upgrade it
past Samba 3.0.14a.  If we upgrade to any of the later versions PCs on
our network cannot join the domain.

Client PCs already in the domain operate just fine.

When attempting to join the domain Windows opens an error dialog box
that says:

------------
The following error occurred attempting to join the domain "XXXXX":

The remote procedure call failed.
------------

Has anyone else seen an issue like this?  I wanted to check with the
list before opening a bug report.

Once we roll the server back to 3.0.14a the join works fine.

Our other Sun servers are running Samba 3.0.14a on Solaris 9 built with
gcc  3.3.2, 64 bit.

Thanks,
Bob

Bob Martel,System Administrator  I met someone who looks a lot like you
Levin College of Urban Affairs   She does the things you do
Cleveland State University       But she is an IBM
(216) 687-2214
bob at urban.csuohio.edu                                -Jeff Lynne