[Samba] what is the SID of the domain administrator?

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Nov 16 15:26:58 GMT 2005

> Does the domain administrator SID always end with -1000?
It should never be 1000

Please review
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243330

> How can I get the SID number for any given user?
You could divine the SID if you know the UID and the RID calculation,
presuming that samba has generated all of your user SIDs.  Otherwise, if
you're using LDAP you could either look in the LDAP object or use
smbldap-usershow.  If not, you can use pdbedit -L -v <username> which should
give you all of the windows related info.

ps. Sorry for spamming you Tomasz, but I forgot to reply-to-all the first
time