[Samba] Windows client and kerberos without ADS

Skander skander2 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:55:31 GMT 2005

Ok, now I have added the cifs/hostname in the keytab and now it works !

thank you !!

But do you have any idea why Windows doesnt do a netbios lookup if I try to
access \\hotsname.domain where domain correspond to the domain and workgroup
that I am in. It just prints an error without sending any packets.
If I only do \\hostname it does the Netbios lookup for hostname.
And if I try \\nonexistent.test.com or any other FQDN that does not end with
my Workgroup it will also try to resolve it.