[Samba] two samba servers in different AD forests on one host?

Jeremy O'Leary jeremyol at cesa.office.xerox.com
Wed Nov 9 23:52:16 GMT 2005

Hi all,

With the new company wide AD setup, there are two forest, the first is
the production AD forest and the second is the development/engineering
AD forest.  For a variety of reasons we need to have a samba server in
both AD forests that access data on the same solaris file server.

I saw the sections in the samba official howto have multiple virtual
server on the same host.  However what I haven't heard of anyone doing
is having two samba servers running on one host with the two samba
server in two different AD forests.  Both samba servers would be bound
to their own IP address, but is this a configuration that anyone has had
success with?

thanks,

Jeremy