[Samba] how to use home directory from windows server ?

Jairo Medina jairo19 at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 04:49:49 GMT 2005

    Hola:

   I can't seem to find a way to solve my problem. Maybe you can point me to
a document, a prior post or simply answer my questions :-)

   I configured samba in FC4 to authenticate to a MS Windows ADS, seems to
work fine, and by using winbind, Windows users can login into the linux
machine, but without a home directory.

  Q1: How do I enable the linux machine to use the user's home directory
from the windows server  ?

  Q2: I shared a directory in the samba server but the windows machines
(both servers and Workstations) cannot access the share. I get the password
request but the authentication fails.

   Thanks in advance.

--
     Venezuela, the most beautiful pearl in the Caribbean