[Samba] Change file owner

Luciano Andre Baramarchi luciano_mt at terra.com.br
Mon Nov 7 01:10:54 GMT 2005

Hi ...

I tried this first ...

[PUBLICO]
         comment = Diretorio Publico Acesso Geral
         path = /vol10/ARQ/Publico
         writeable = yes
         guest ok = yes
         veto files = /*.mp3/*.wma/*.wmv/
         admin users = administrator

and tried this after ...

         username map = /etc/samba/username.map

cat  /etc/samba/username.map
root = admin administrator

When I run smbstatus the Username logged still is administrator ...

[root at server03 samba]# smbstatus

Samba version 3.0.10-1.4E
PID     Username      Group         Machine
29242   administrator  Domain Users  server01     (XXX.XXX.1.1)

Now the message when I try changing owner is:

"Unable to set new owner to Test
Access denied"

I think the system isn't understanding that the user is root ...

Luciano Andre Baramarchi
Multitask Consultoria Ltda
luciano at multitasknet.com.br
(47) 9911 4484