[Samba] How to get netbios aliases not show up in browse list?

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Tue May 31 15:32:10 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 09:14, Francesco De Rose wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've set up my smbd.cond in order to use netbios aliases, but I don't
> want the aliases to show up in the browse lists... is there any way to
> achieve that? Can't find anything like that in the manpages or in the
> howto collection. :-(

The whole purpose of the 'netbios aliases' is so that they WILL show up in the
browse list. I am stunned by your question. Why would you use an option that
is designed to cause the names to show up and not want it to do what it is
designed to do? Perplexed!

- John T.