[Samba] local users can't access a shared folder when samba is joined in the domain.

Warren Beldad advisory22 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 07:21:11 GMT 2005

hi all,

Could anyone please help me on how a local users can access shared
folder when samba is join in the domain.
After I joined the win2k ADS domain, only the domain user that I gave
permission can access the shared folder but the local user that has
permission can no longer access it. Before I joined the domain, there
are no problem with the local users in accessing the shared folder
until only after I joined a domain. Maybe I missed something on my
configuration(attached). Any help is so much appreciated. :-))
Below is my smb.conf

[global]
netbios name = XXX
server string = :-))
workgroup = 2K-ADS
realm = 2K-ADS.COM
log level = 1
log file = /var/log/samba
max log size = 250
strict allocate = no
debug timestamp = no
socket options = TCP_NODELAY
security = ADS
encrypt passwords = YES
smb passwd file = /etc/sysconfig/sambad/smbpasswd
password server = *
idmap uid = 20000-40000
idmap gid = 20000-40000
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
winbind cache time = 5
template shell = /bin/bash
template homedir = /mnt/temp/home/%D/%U
guest account = ftp
[homes]
comment = %u's personal home folder
browsable = no
read only = no
map archive = YES
write cache size = 65536
[share1]
  path = /mnt/share1/share1
  comment = sample share1
  writable = yes
  browsable = yes
  nt acl support = yes
  security mask = 0660
  directory security mask = 0770
  force security mode = 0660
  force directory security mode = 0770
  valid users = sample_user 2K-ADS\sample_user1
  sync always = yes