[Samba] Hi Fellow Samba users,

Andy Bird Andy.Bird at smtp5.fife.gov.uk
Mon May 30 14:05:19 GMT 2005

Hi Fellow Samba users,
                                       I have two unix oracle servers
one with an early release of Samba, the other a later release.
    below is the outcome.        Can you tell me where I am going
wrong.

fujitsu solaris 8 samba ver 1.9.18p2

c:\net view \\fujitsu
Shared resources at \\fujitsu
Samba 1.9.18p2

Share name   Type         Used as  Comment
fims01       Disk

The command completed successfully.
ctaxcppd solaris 9 samba version 2.2.12

c:\net view ctaxcppd
System error 5 has occurred.

Access denied.

var/log.nmbd contains

[2005/05/30 10:28:13, 0] nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:(183)
  process_name_refresh_request: unicast name registration request
received for n
ame CI033793<00> from IP 190.1.90.36 on subnet UNICAST_SUBNET.
[2005/05/30 10:28:13, 0] nmbd/nmbd_incomingrequests.c:(184)
  Error - should be sent to WINS server

The smb.conf files are

workgroup=WORKGROUP
null passwords = yes
encrypt passwords = yes

[fims01]
 path=/appl/fims/request_in
 guest=no
 read only=no

Thanks for looking at my dilemma.

              Andy Bird.         andy.bird at fife.gov.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and should not be disclosed to any other party.
If you have received this email in error please notify your system manager and the sender of this message.

This email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses but no guarantee is given that this e-mail message and any attachments are free from viruses.

Fife Council
Tel: +44 (0) 1592 414141