[Samba] sharing NFS mounts

Mike Charnoky noky at nextbus.com
Tue May 24 21:46:26 GMT 2005

OK, I've been searching the archives and google with little luck...

I have a directory which needs to be shared with a number of UNIX
clients via NFS and with Windows clients via Samba.  What is the best
way to do this?  Should I configure Samba to share the actual NFS mount?
 Or should I configure Samba to share the actual filesystem directory?

Reason I ask, we were using the former method (sharing the NFS mount)
and Windows users were complaining about flaky Samba shares.

Thanks!

Mike