[Samba] New to Samba, need help

John H Terpstra jht at Samba.Org
Tue May 24 19:08:30 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 24 May 2005 13:10, Gary Hostetler wrote:
> I have compiled and install samba 3 from source. The services start and I
> can smbclient localhost etc. just fine and I can get a list of the
> computers in my active directory with that command. When I do a wbinfo -u I
> get "error looking up domain users." My smb.conf file has security = ads,
> my realm is NCCVT.K12.DE.US, I have encrypt passwords etc.
>
> Any idea where to start looking?

Suggest you check chapter 7 of the book "Samba-3 by Example". There is a
section in there on adding UNIX systems as ADS domain members. Please let me
know if the information presented there is in any way inadequate.

You can obtain a copy of this book in PDF formate from:
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-Guide.pdf

Cheers,
John T.
--