[Samba] Standardized Benchmarking?

Alexander Lazarevich alazarev at itg.uiuc.edu
Mon May 23 17:53:13 GMT 2005

I'd be very interested in such a site, as long as people acutally put data
there. I've wanted to see other's benchmarks/setups for years. Getting
people to actually talk is hard.

For windows benchmarking to the sabam server, you can download
timethis.exe from MS site,
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/timethis-o.asp
It'll time any command you run via command line, that's much better than
the GUI stopwatch technique.

We use bonnie++ all the time, I *think* it's a well respected benchmarker
for unix. And it's free.

Alex