[Samba] Re: winbind and system-auth (on FC3)

Basil Copeland blcjr2 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:05:34 GMT 2005

On 5/17/05, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
 I think it only modifies /etc/nsswitch.conf

> I've seen winbind take several minutes a get "warmed up" or whatever
> before authentication starts to work.  ???  Maybe that's happening to
> you too.
>
> -- Rex

PAM files of some sort are going to have to be modified, aren't they?
I can repeatedly demostrate that authconfig is doing something with
the system-auth file: the timestamp changes when I enable or disable
winbind with authconfig (or system-config-authentication).  But only
the timestamp; the contents are unmodified.

In the past, I've set up winbind and modified system-auth manually.

As for warming up, or whatever, it seems to me that as long as "wbinfo
-u" or "getent passwd" are working correctly, then the rest is up to
PAM.